Trinity Square is thrilled to be supporting the 2017’s Drake AV program, a mentorship and commissioning program for emerging artists.
Drake AV is a unique opportunity to connect, collaborate and create progressive video content with access to inspiring guest speakers, workshops, equipment and spaces. Kicking off its second year, the selected group of emerging video artists will develop original video art that will premiere on Drake TV and at Nuit Blanche 2017.
Now in its second year, Drake AV is a unique program that acts as a creative launch pad for emerging video artists in Toronto. Be a part of the upcoming cohort of The Drake’s in-house video artist residency! Over the course of a four-month semester, Drake AV members will work collaboratively with fellow artists to develop their work and share their art. In partnership with Trinity Square Video, the Drake AV’s four-month semester includes artist talks, workshops, tutorials, crit nights and lectures providing a fulsome experience that spans from artist practice + creative vision to preparing contracts + protecting your work.
The Drake Hotel acts as a cultural hub to connect, collaborate + produce cutting-edge original video art content that will premiere at Nuit Blanche 2017 and the Drake TV Video Artist Showcase (a.k.a. a killer video art party) with members of the Drake Art network in attendance. The credited works will continue to air on Drake TV screens at all Drake locations as a one-of-a-kind platform for promoting and sharing your video art.
- Artist honorarium
- Lectures, workshops and tutorials from established industry professionals and leaders
- Complimentary one-year Trinity Square Video membership
- Access to workshops and equipment from Trinity Square Video with allowance
- Exclusive screen time on Drake TV across all Drake locations (the Drake Hotel, Drake One Fifty, Drake Devonshire + Drake General Stores)
- Drake TV Video Artist Showcase in the Drake Underground w/ Drake Art network in attendance
- Nuit Blanche 2017 screening (24-hour loop)
- Drake AV Member Card which gives you 15% OFF food at The Drake Hotel, Drake One Fifty + Drake Devonshire and products at Drake General Store
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit a 250-word bio with a video sample that showcases their creative vision and filmmaking expertise and demonstrates an innovative interpretation of the media. Applicants with the most original and compelling submissions will receive an email of admission to the Drake AV.
To complete the application, head to: thedrake.ca/jointheclub.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 01 MAY 2017.