Exhibition Co-ordinator (6 month contract position May–September 2017)
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR LETTER OF INTEREST AND CV BEFORE 6PM, 05 MAY 2017.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SUBMISSIONS: PLEASE CONTACT DAVID PLANT, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, at email@example.com or call 416 593-1332.
An interim position at Trinity Square Video (21 hrs per week for 24 weeks; salary range commensurate with experience $22.50-$25.00/hr), the Exhibition Coordinator is responsible for implementing and stewarding forward the artistic vision and focus of the organization for the period May–October 2017. The Exhibition Coordinator oversees all programming activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong and demonstrated background in the theoretical, technical and practical aspects of media art and gallery installation. The Exhibition Coordinator has the support of a Programming Committee, and technical assistance from the centre’s Production and Post-production Coordinators. The Exhibition Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
ABOUT TRINITY SQUARE VIDEO
Trinity Square Video is a space to re-imagine media arts.
Trinity Square’s activities are guided by our goal to increase our members’ and audiences’ understanding and imagination of what media arts practices can be. Trinity Square strives to create supportive environments, encouraging artistic and curatorial experimentation that challenge medium specificity through education, production and presentation supports.
Over the past three years, Trinity Square has increased the scope and profile of all its programs, focusing on three priorities: 1) promoting an expanded definition of media arts; 2) promoting the meaningful engagement of diverse voices in all levels of our operations; and 3) supporting and nurturing the production of new works by artists and curators. These goals are complemented by our increased commitment to thinking critically about how Trinity Square, as an institution, can challenge structural forms of dispossession, which, over the next three years, will be anchored in our commitment to learn and practice ways of divesting from white supremacy.
KEY DUTIES FOR THE SIX MONTH APPOINTMENT
- Coordinate all aspects of upcoming exhibition program, including liaising with artists, guest curators, co-presentation partners, technicians and Trinity Square staff, which includes exhibitions at Trinity Square, in the community and touring shows. These tasks also extend to all exhibitions currently in development.
- Arrange all contracts and payments for approval and submits payments to the Office Manager for processing.
- Arrange documentation of exhibition program, from photography to reporting.
- Coordinate hospitality for openings, talks and other events.
- Consult with the Executive Director to ensure the previously determined budget allocations for programming are clear and adhered to.
- Provide necessary supervision, guidance, and support for artists in order to complete projects as scheduled and budgeted.
- Support board and staff articulated fundraising initiatives. Promote exhibition program on Trinity Square’s website, social media and, where previously allocated, print materials. This includes producing vinyl and didactics/gallery maps for each exhibition
- Articulate and circulate a call for submissions for Trinity Square’s annual themed commission, curate and support the residency and exhibition with the guidance of the Programming Committee.
- Facilitate the Bachelors’ Commission summer student-residencies.
- Conduct studio visits with artists selected from the general call for submissions and creating reports for the incoming Artistic Director.
- Liaise with recurring presentation partners to develop exhibitions extending into 2018.
- Report on activities to ED and board, including collecting project specific information required for grant reports. Attend board and committee meetings as necessary.
- Act as a representative of Trinity Square in local, national and international cultural communities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary art practices
- Previous experience in exhibition coordination in media arts contexts
- Ability to manage multiple projects within an ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills—written, verbal, and interpersonal—with staff members, volunteers, co-presentation partners, artists and Trinity Square members
- Proven track record of budget development and adherence
- Must be fluent in WordPress
Trinity Square Video actively advocates equality in the workplace and strongly supports and values diversity in all forms of self-identification. Trinity Square is committed to equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusiveness in its employment practices and we respect the right of applicants and employees to fair and equitable treatment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Now Accepting Nominations/Candidates for the Board of Directors
Trinity Square Video invites candidates to submit themselves to the Trinity Square Video Board of Directors.
Trinity Square Video is a space to re-imagine media arts. Operating as a not-for-profit artist-run production centre for 45 years, we support artists and organizational members with video production/post-production and presentation support and services at accessible rates. Trinity Square Video continues to train and help develop many emerging artists. Several noted Canadian artists including John Greyson, Lisa Steele, Ed Sinclair, Michael Balser, Kim Tomczak, Vera Frenkel and Barbara Sternberg have created video at Trinity.
The next two years is set to be one of growth and renewal. There are a lot of exciting new initiatives and we are looking to expand the board to support the new opportunities.
Due to board expansion, there are four (4) vacancies. The Board is looking for demonstrated expertise in the following areas: Human Resources, Fundraising, Legal (non-profit specialization), Facilities Management, Arts Management, Equipment/Video Production and Strategic Planning. The commitment is for 2 years, starting after the member is voted in, and continues to the AGM in 2019. The Board meets formally once per month (includes AGM); and all Board members sit on committees that have meetings in addition to the monthly board meetings. Nominations are requested prior to the AGM. Resumes with a letter of intent (include committees of interest) can be emailed to Daniella Sanader (firstname.lastname@example.org) for inclusion in the voting at the AGM.
The election of the Board of Directors will take place at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday, May 25th at Trinity Square Video. Members, staff and the current board can nominate Board Members. Nominations are requested in advance, but may also be taken from the floor at the AGM.
Call for new board members: Click to Download
The document linked above outlines the call and commitment of board members. Any member in good standing can either submit themselves or another using the form below.
Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
Trinity Square encourages post-secondary students interested in video art to apply for internships at the centre. Trinity Square also welcomes volunteers from the community
Questions about internships, volunteering or becoming a member? Contact Trinity Square’s Membership Services Coordinator Jason Ebanks at email@example.com or 416 593.1332.