CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Proposal for Vitrine Projects 2020
Deadline: 24 November, 2019
Trinity Square Video invites artists and curators to submit project proposals for our vitrine space. Located in the first-floor hallway of 401 Richmond St.West, the vitrine space is a 49″ x 77” x 20″ display box (pictured above) capable of hosting small-scale installations, new media, print, or sculptural works (excluding audio). Vitrine projects are exhibited for two-month periods.
We encourage proposals from artists and curators who are emerging or established, and firmly support the equitable remuneration of artists. For vitrine projects, Trinity Square Video offers exhibiting artists a $500 fee, and a production budget of up to $200 (negotiable).
All of our activities are guided by our overall goal to increase our members’ and audiences’ understanding and imagination of what media arts practices can be. Above all, Trinity Square strives towards the advancement of media arts as a discipline, and towards the meaningful inclusion of diverse voices. In addition to holding aesthetic worth in its own right, we see our artistic programming as both an extension of our educational activities, and a catalyst to generate new artistic knowledge and understandings of media-based practices.
Our artistic vision is carried out through three ongoing principal activities/goals:
1) To promote an expanded definition of media art that rejects notions of medium-specificity and addresses the contemporary reality of visual art.
2) To promote the meaningful engagement of diverse voices.
3) To support and nurture the production of new work by artists and curators.
- A link to preview videos of previous and/or proposed work. Videos can be supplemented with up to 10 digital images (.jpg images only and all images must be listed with a number, the artist’s surname, the title of the work and the year of its production, eg. 1_surname_title_2016.jpg).
- Written proposal describing the work (up to 500 words)
- Artist’s statement describing your practice (up to 300 words)
- CV detailing your relevant experiences (3 pages maximum)
Submissions must be sent by e-mail no later than 24 November, 2019.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please compile your documents into a single PDF document attached to your email.
Video can be sent separately using a file transfer service such as WeTransfer, or links to video material including private videos on Vimeo.
Images can be included as an attachment to the email in .jpg format.
Trinity Square Video is supported by the Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, and the Toronto Arts Council. The organization acknowledges its presence on the traditional territories on the Haudenosaunee, the Anishinaabe, the Huron Wendat and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, who are the original holders and caretakers of the land on which we create work.Share